Our visiting care services
Visiting care offers you a vast range of options, from one visit a day to several. It is suitable for both short-term and long-term contracts, so we can help you deal with convalescence or post-operative support, or give you the help required on an ongoing basis.
Many clients start with a single daily visit from their carer. Some clients like a little help to shower and dress in the morning, others prefer a daytime call to help with the housework or do whatever is needed around the home.
Private visiting home care service with a difference
Saga is a private home care service with a difference. Our aim is to help older people stay independent whilst still getting the support they need, and allow younger adults to manage independently in their own homes.
It could mean taking them out shopping or to meet friends, providing a hand with housework or cooking a meal, and if they need help with personal hygiene, we’re able to take care of that as well.
The right care plan for everyone
We’re here for you and the people you care about. Our care team will sit down with everyone to create a fully personalised care plan based on individual needs and wants. We then present the finished care plan so you can decide on the right level of care, which, of course, can be changed from week to week as required.
Visits and outings
Since clients using this option tend to be more able, it is possible for carers and clients to organise trips, visits or even holidays with a little planning. Some carers have their own cars and are appropriately insured to drive clients; otherwise suitable transport can be arranged.
Flexible care packages
Backed by our considerable knowledge and experience, the Saga team can provide a completely bespoke service. We can target the care you need precisely to your circumstances.
What do the carers do?
All Saga carers are ready and willing to undertake whatever tasks can be reasonably expected to help make the client’s life easier and more comfortable.
For each individual client, the answer is different, because the carer will allocate their time as it best suits the client. An early discussion will soon establish what is needed, and that can be adjusted if circumstances change.
- Personal care: Helping with personal hygiene, washing, dressing; assistance with using the toilet, commode or toilet aids; mobility support.
- Home care: Light housework and washing up to keep the home spick and span; general housework tasks, such as washing and ironing.
- Nutritional support: Preparation of nutritious homemade meals, especially the client’s favourites; help with feeding, if necessary.
- Support services: Reminding the client to take their medication; collecting prescriptions, allowances and pension benefits; shopping from a list provided by the client; encouraging hobbies and seeing friends.
- Social services: Accompanying the client to appointments; companionship and friendship; recreational support, social events.
Care services available on an hourly care basis:
- Reminding, assisting with and administering medications
- Assistance with using the toilet, commode or toilet aids
- Washing up and other general housework tasks, such as cleaning and ironing
- Sorting, washing and drying of clients’ clothing, bedding, towels and other domestic washing
- Collection of prescriptions
- Purchase of items on a shopping list provided by the client
- Collection and delivery of allowances and pension benefits
- Accompanying the client to a required appointment, in the carer’s transportation or private hire vehicle
- Preparation of nutritious homemade meals
- Assisting with feeding
- Morning & evening support
- Assisting to wash, help with oral hygiene and shaving
- Assisting with dressing/undressing
- Moving/transferring clients in or/and out of bed
- Night sitting – a waking service to provide personal care, toileting, dressing/undressing and providing drinks as needed
- Night sleeper – the home care worker sleeps at the client’s home and is available to provide personal care services
Special occasion support
At Saga, our home care service is tailored to suit our clients’ wishes.
Whether it’s a birthday, anniversary or someone is coming to stay, our home help companions offer a chance to clean and tidy the house, go shopping or take a trip to the hairdressers. This could also include an accompanied walk or visit to a special location. This is a unique opportunity for our dedicated carers to spend time with their client.
Your time is precious
Obviously time is a factor, so while a visiting carer will tend to focus on the practical – washing and dressing, cooking and cleaning – with live-in care there is more flexibility to develop companionship.
Choosing a home care agency
When it comes to making a choice about which home care agency to select, it’s important to gather as much information as possible. You need to make sure you compare different providers in order to meet your loved one’s requirements.