Our companion home care services
More about our companion care services
Receiving care at home is not just about helping with medication and performing housework. Often the best therapy is the companionship that having a dedicated carer provides.
With Saga Care at Home, the pace is set by the client and not by the clock. Whether it’s a regular visit to help with housework, showering and dressing, or for a little afternoon companionship over a cup of tea, we can be there.
Sometimes it’s the little things that make the biggest difference to someone’s quality of life. Get in touch to discuss your options with a professional carer today.
We can help with:
- On-going companionship and emotional support
- Accompanied outings: Encouraging hobbies, seeing friends, social events
- Personal care: Washing, dressing, using the toilet or commode
- Home care: Light housework, washing, ironing, dishes
- Nutritional support: Preparation of meals, client favourites, and feeding
- Support services: Administering medication, collecting prescriptions, shopping
Choosing a home care agency
When it comes to making a choice about which home care agency to select, it’s important to gather as much information as possible. You need to make sure you compare different providers in order to meet your loved one’s requirements.
A day in the life of a live-in carer
I draw upon my Saga training on the first morning, absorb and remember the care plan to begin with the right structure – the key is sensitivity and to really listen to the client and their family.