Live-in carer - Broxbourne area
Saga Care at Home is growing, and WE NEED MORE CARERS!
We are seeking dedicated Live-in Care Workers to join our fantastic team. Here, we care about you as much as you care about our clients which why you can expect a permanent job with contracted hours and a market-leading benefits package.
You will be living in a client’s home, supporting them in and around their home, and so need to be confident working independently. You MUST speak and write English fluently and have the Right to Work in the UK.
The Ideal Candidate:
- At least 6 months’ experience in a care assistant, or similar, role
- Speak and write fluent English
- Hold valid Right to Work in UK
- Are caring, kind & compassionate
- Confident running or maintaining a home, such as cleaning and cooking nutritious meals
- Are prepared to travel outside of immediate area (this applies to travelling to a week-long training programme in either Redhill, Surrey, or Welwyn Garden City in Hertfordshire)
- Possess a manual driving licence (this is desirable but not compulsory).
Our comprehensive induction training and ongoing opportunities for development ensure you are fully trained and equipped to care for our clients. You should be compassionate, naturally caring and determined to make a difference to others. You should also be happy working both independently and as part of a team. Above all, you must be committed to giving clients a high-quality service and treating every person with dignity and respect, so you’ll need to be considerate, helpful and understanding.
Without relevant caring experience, the Right to Work in the UK or fluent English, we cannot employ you.
Join us and you can expect:
- A competitive salary of £93 per day (£650 per week). Annual salary up to £31,300.
- Great work-life balance, with most carers working a 2-week on, 2-week off rota.
- Flexibility to work for longer than 2 weeks – an average carer doing additional work will earn between £23,600 to £31,300 per annum.
- 20 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday (pro-rata for part-time employees).
- Paid travel to and from your assignment.
- Premiums for sleep-in, waking nights and bank holiday working.
- Paid induction training towards the Level 1 Care Certificate, plus ongoing refresher training.
- Paid enhanced DBS.
- Full support in the field from our Registered Nurses and dedicated Team Leaders.
- Saga uniform and PPE.
- iPad provided.
- Saga employee lifestyle benefits and concessions.
- Long Service Awards.
- Out of Hours on-call service – we are always here when you need us.
- Pension and Life Cover Insurance.
You will be giving your clients the help they need to live independently in their own homes. By assisting with all areas of personal and domestic care, you’ll be making a huge difference to their lives. Live-in Carers stay with the client in their home for at least two weeks at a time. As a Live-in Carer, your role will involve helping clients with their daily needs: anything from preparing lunch to popping to the shops. A friend and companion, you’ll give your client the freedom to get the most out of life.
Without relevant experience, the Right to Work in the UK or caring experience, we cannot employ you.
Why work for us
Join Saga and you will be rewarded with a great starting salary, no zero-hour contracts and a market-leading benefits package.
Become a Visiting carer instead?
Visiting carers will visit the clients in their homes on a regular basis. Guaranteed hours from day 1 of your employment (with no zero-hour contracts), a great starting salary and a market-leading benefits package.