Care Jobs at Saga Care at Home
If you have a passion for caring for others, we want to hear from you!
As a Saga carer you will help our clients live happily and independently in their own homes. Whether it’s companionship, housework, or assisting with medication, you will support the individual needs of each client on a visiting care or live-in care basis.
We are currently recruiting live-in carers in the Home Counties and visiting carers in selected areas in Hertfordshire. To view available roles, click here.
On top of a permanent contract with guaranteed hours and a market-leading benefits package, you’ll receive expert support, excellent training and opportunities to gain recognised qualifications.
Our Carers are known for their compassion and empathy, and for always going the extra mile to provide the best quality care. We offer all our Carers permanent positions with no zero-hour contracts (and no 15-minute calls) so they can build relationships and provide our Clients’ with excellent person-centred care.
If your passion for care is what gets you out of bed in the morning and you want to make a difference to the health and well-being of our Clients then look no further, this is the job for you!
Our market-leading package includes:
- A competitive starting salary (up to £650 per week for a live-in assignment and £9.20-£10.20 per hour for visiting care assignments)
- Guaranteed hours from day 1 of your employment with us and no zero-hour contracts
- Up to 28 days paid holiday including bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time employees)
- Paid mileage – 25p per mile, plus paid travel time
- The flexibility to work full or part-time
- Paid induction training towards The Care Certificate, plus ongoing training and opportunities to gain further qualifications
- Free DBS check, uniform, PPE and I-Pad
- Saga Employee concessions, which include a variety of discounts on known travel, food and lifestyle brands
- Pension scheme
- Life Cover Insurance.
You will also have full support in the field from our Registered Nurses and Team Leaders, and have access to our out of hours on-call service.
As a Visiting Carer* you will need a full UK driving licence with your own vehicle to visit your Clients. You must be available to work a range of times between 7am and 10pm and alternate weekends. (*Selected areas in Hertfordshire).
As a Live-in Carer** you will live in the Client’s home for 2 weeks at a time (length of assignment can vary). (**Selected areas in Hertfordshire, Surrey & Sussex)
Choosing a home care agency
When it comes to making a choice about which home care agency to select, it’s important to gather as much information as possible. You need to make sure you compare different providers in order to meet your loved one’s requirements.
A day in the life of a live-in carer
I draw upon my Saga training on the first morning, absorb and remember the care plan to begin with the right structure – the key is sensitivity and to really listen to the client and their family.