Our emergency home care services
More about our emergency care services
Our carers are available day and night to deliver tailored nursing services for all manner of complex care needs, including those associated with Alzheimer’s, dementia, and post-operative care.
For an accident or a sudden illness, we'll help your loved ones get the support they need. Whether it’s with a full-time live-in carer, specialist night care, or palliative care for those difficult last days, we're by your side.
It’s not easy to think straight when you’re worried and emotional, but having an emergency care plan pre-arranged can help to alleviate some of the stress.
An emergency care plan should include:
- A record of who to involve in the decision-making (e.g. family members, carers, GP).
- Details of any existing conditions and the treatment you receive for them.
- Instructions for emergency treatment: What do you want to happen? Do you want or already have a ‘Do Not Resuscitate’ order in place?
- A statement of your wishes: What care you would like to receive, where you wish lines to be drawn (e.g. when machines should be switched off), what you would like to happen after your death.
- Confirmation that the details of your care plan have been shared with relevant parties: your decision-maker, your family, your doctor and other health care professionals.
What to know in a life-changing event when you need emergency home care
Life-changing events can happen so fast, and often without warning. Here are some options to help you make the right decision in an emergency.