Why work for us?
Saga Care at Home is a Care Quality Commission (CQC) regulated nurse led business with a ‘Good’ CQC rating, where we pride ourselves on enabling our Clients to remain independent in their own homes for longer. Thanks to people like you.
Am I right for Saga Care at Home?
If you have a passion for care and want to make a difference to the health and well-being of those in need of a helping hand, you have the qualities we want. We are looking for flexible and dedicated individuals who are driven by making a difference to others.
To provide the highest levels of home care, we make sure our live-in carers are properly looked after, with 20 days of holiday for full-time carers and a generous pension scheme. As with all Saga carers, you'll be a fully salaried healthcare professional with a permanent contract, giving you the security to form meaningful relationships with your clients and provide quality one-to-one care.
We believe that all our Carers should have the skills and time to care. That is why experience is desirable, but not essential, as you will be fully trained to deliver a quality service to our Clients. So whether you come from a completely different industry, have looked after family or have a background in care, we would love to hear from you.
All of our Carers must be drivers with their own transport as you may need to take our clients out to appointments, shopping, social activities etc.
So, why choose us?
Not only will you build up lasting relationships with our Clients, you will also receive market leading benefits.
- Full support in the field from our Registered Nurses and dedicated Team Leaders.
- Saga Uniform and PPE.
- Paid mileage – 25p per mile.
- A competitive salary of up to £650 per week for a live-in assignment.
- iPad provided.
- Paid induction training towards The Care Certificate, plus ongoing refresher training.
- Ongoing training and the chance to gain recognised qualifications.
- Paid enhanced DBS.
- Saga Employee concessions.
- Long Service Awards.
- Out of Hours on-call service – We are always here when you need us.
Plus 20 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday (pro rata for part-time employees), auto enrolled pension, employee assistance programme and Life Cover Insurance.
The five day paid induction course earns you a Care Certificate which provides the skills and knowledge needed to deliver the highest quality of care.
Saga carers are given full training in all of their duties, monitored by experienced team leaders who carry out regular assessments, all overseen by nursing and experienced care professionals.
Qualities of Saga carers
- Saga carers are people for whom caring is a vocation, not just a job.
- Have integrity: To be trusted with vulnerable people.
- Reliable: To provide a consistently high standard of service.
- Trustworthy: To deal with money or important documents.
- Flexible: To offer a targeted and changeable service.
- Methodical: So that the client is never disappointed or put at risk by a missed appointment.
- Caring: With a natural empathy and a desire to care.
- Genuine: Wishing to make a difference to other people’s lives.
- Understanding: To appreciate and anticipate what they can do to make their clients’ lives better, without overstepping boundaries.
- Professional: Constantly maintaining standards.
- Friendly: To become a member of their clients extended family.
- Respectful: Mindful of their position in someone else’s home.
Live-in Carer Careers
Operating in Hertfordshire, Surrey & Sussex, we are looking for enthusiastic care workers to help, enable and assist our Clients through all areas of personal and domestic care. The role will involve living in the Client’s home for 2 weeks at a time (length of assignment can be extended), from popping to the shops and fixing up lunch, to helping our Clients with their daily routine -
Visiting Carer Careers
Operating in Hertfordshire, we are looking for enthusiastic care workers to help, enable and assist our Clients through all areas of personal and domestic care. The role will involve visiting our Client’s home and helping our Clients with their daily routine.
You will be a friend, a companion and the light of someone’s day.
Interested? View our available roles or get in touch with our recruitment team today on 0808 274 005 .
Care jobs with Saga Care at Home
Are you passionate about making a difference to people's lives? Become a Saga carer and be a part of the UK's leading supplier of home care and live-in care services for the over-50s.