Live-in carer job description
Work for us and you will benefit from:
- A competitive starting salary of £93 per day
- Great work life balance with our 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off shift pattern
- Up to 28 days paid holiday including bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time employees)
- Paid travel up to £25 each journey
- Paid induction training towards The Care Certificate, plus ongoing training and opportunities to gain further qualifications
- Free Enhanced DBS check, uniform, PPE and I-Pad
- Saga Employee concessions, which include a variety of discounts on known travel, food and lifestyle brands
- Pension scheme and Life Cover Insurance.
You will also have full support in the field from our Registered Nurses and Team Leaders, plus have access to them out of hours on-call service.
Live-in carers stay with the client in their home for two weeks at a time and:
- Ensure clients have the help they need to live independently in their own homes
- Assist with all areas of personal and domestic care
- Adhere to all internal and external compliance processes to deliver a safe service.
The ideal candidate:
Experience in a care role is desirable but not essential, as our full induction training and ongoing opportunities for development ensure you are fully trained and equipped to care for our Clients. What is more important is that you have a passion for caring for others.
We are looking to recruit carers who:
- Are caring, kind & compassionate
- Speak and write fluent English
- Have the Right to Work in the UK
- Are prepared to travel outside of immediate area.
If your passion for care is what gets you out of bed in the morning and you want to make a difference to the health and well-being of our Clients then look no further, this is the job for you!Enquiring is easy – simply complete the enquiry form and a member of our team will be in touch with you.
Why work for us
Join Saga and you will be rewarded with a great starting salary, no zero-hour contracts and a market-leading benefits package.
Become a Visiting carer instead?
Visiting carers will visit the clients in their homes on a regular basis. Guaranteed hours from day 1 of your employment (with no zero-hour contracts), a great starting salary and a market-leading benefits package.